Re: [MiNT] permanent solution for redraw menu issue

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Eero Tamminen <oak@helsinkinet.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On keskiviikko 12 syyskuu 2012, Paul Wratt wrote:
>> What is this idea of WM_FULLSCREEN. That sounds much simpler and more
>
> appl_getinfo() in newer AES versions can be used to find out what
> features AES supports, I guess it could report whether this kind of
> flag is supported by the AES.

thats what I was thinking.

the last time Johan was around was when some people where looking to
take control of the screen (VDI). Personally he was not happy about
it, but he did give a couple of possible solutions on how it could be
done (can find thread if you want to read it - from 2+ years ago now I
think)

I have a rather large GUI based game project on the drawing board. My
initial solution was to package it with thin MiNT+XaAES+fvdi custom
build (dont interfere with regular install), which must be booted from
auto (or mint.cnf). That bypasses the above issues, and allows me to
add custom objects to custom XaAES build, but does not provide a
viable solution under normal circumstances

just a thought.