Re: [MiNT] Problem with e2fsck

On 12 November 2012 09:39, Piotr Mietniowski <mietniow@agh.edu.pl> wrote:
> I have trouble running MINTshows me that I did e2fsck the partitions L
> (second partition). Unfortunately, as is trying to enter the console e2fsck
> L: I have information on the screen: Can not lock partitions L:, must have
> the right r / w or be logged in as root, I'm logged in as root on the
> console because on the console ia have this information in commandline:
>
> root @ easymint / k / root>

I'm not sure I understand you problem correctly but if the partition
you want to check is already mounted, I would suggest you cd to
another partition (e.g. C:) before trying to check it. Another
possible reason would be that you have open files on the partition you
want to check.

> The second question is how to set the file mint.cnf it to do I check the
> remaining LNX partition during system startup.

I see you're running EasyMiNT. A script should take care of this via
the /etc/fstab file. If that file mentions all your partitions with
the appropriate filesystem, they should be checked at boot time.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire