Re: [MiNT] XaAES regression in launch()

Vincent Rivière, 20.11.2012 00:31:24:

On 20/11/2012 00:08, Vincent Rivière wrote:
- when double-clicking an executable, everything hangs except the mouse

I have enabled the debug traces, and I see:

pid   9 (desk_cf): free_region: region flags not valid (0)
FATAL ERROR. You must reboot the system.

Are you sure the kfree in XaAES causes this? What is desk_cf, is it teradesk?

The solution is probably to add additional debug traces, but I'm not familiar with that code.

For XaAES I always add

DBG((0,fmt,...));

use like printf. Output goes to xa_boot.log.

There is a comment (or rather a discussion) in dosmem.c (#359):

  /* hmmm... if we didn't find the region, perhaps it's a global
   * one (with the M_KEEP flag set) belonging to a process that
   * terminated
   *
   * XXX I don't understand that
   *     in my eyes the process can't access this region as this region
   *     isn't mapped to the process address space (page_table)
   *
   *     Right, this code seems to allow anyone to release memory
   *     reserved for TSR programs, which had called Ptermres().
   *     Provided the caller knows the address. Am I wrong?
   *
   */

Maybe the free_region-call is the one below this comment.

--
Helmut Karlowski