Re: [MiNT] XaAES regression in launch()

Vincent Rivière, 21.11.2012 00:18:06:

On 20/11/2012 23:47, Vincent Rivière wrote:
Well... What to do, now?

By looking at the stack when the Bus Error occurs, a few bytes after the sp value I see the strange string "=VGRA". By looking a TeraDesk early initialization code, I see that it searchs for "ARGV=" in the environment by pushing the bytes in the reverse order on the stack.

That would suggest that TeraDesk crashed very early, when looking for the command line arguments provided by the ARGV protocol...

Indeed XaAES always adds ARGV= to the environment after that change (I want to have argv[0] in the launched app). Maybe teradesk gets confused by this (why only under FireTOS?). You could try to call display_env() to see if there's anything wrong in the environment.

And once again this leads us to ARGV stuff, which seems to be tightly related to that make_argv() function in XaAES...

I guess you're close ;-)

--
Helmut Karlowski