Re: [MiNT] dhcp

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 23:30:14 , Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> On 11/26/12 22:46, Peter Slegg wrote:
> > Not long ago someone mentioned dhcp and I thought I would have
> > a go at building the existing rpm using more recent gcc and libs.
> >
> > It fails because of all the references to lsocket. What is the
> > usual approach to fixing these ? Is it the slow method of extracting
> > all the makefiles and making diffs for them or is there a shortcut ?
> >

> Remove the reference to -lsocket. It was included in libc.
>
> Alan.

Thanks to the tips from Alan and Ole I have managed to build an
rpm of dhcp-3.1-esv

http://www.p.slegg.scubadivers.co.uk/download/dhcp-3-1.ESV.spec

http://www.p.slegg.scubadivers.co.uk/download/dhclient-3.1.ESV-1.m68kmint.rpm

http://www.p.slegg.scubadivers.co.uk/download/dhcp-3.1.ESV-1.m68kmint.rpm

http://www.p.slegg.scubadivers.co.uk/download/dhcp-3.1.ESV-1.src.rpm

Version 4 includes ipv6 so would make things more complicated.
The above version compiled without any trouble and I just took a few
of the patches from the current version and applied them.

I've tried the dhclient and it seems to work ok.

Peter