Re: [MiNT] Memory protection enabled by default?

> I noticed that after deleting the file MINT.INI FreeMiNT tries to
> initialize memory protection the next time it boots. Is this
> intentional? There is so much stuff that can break with MP that I'm
> not sure it is a wise decision to have this as default.

yes it does.

Same for when anyone first install Mint on their system.
That's why there is a step in my installation "how-to" just to disable this MP.

It will be a "turn-off" for someone who is just being to start with Mint and finds that his desktop, editor, etc etc does not run in his first ever boot to Mint.

May be there is a need to pause the bootup... notify the user & explain.... and give a chance for the user to turn it off.
I know it does tell the MP status at boot up, but you really need to look fast and know where to read as it scrolls up.
May be this chance to turn it off only when there is no MINT.INI file, so once only.

Just my 2 cents.... as a user.