Re: [MiNT] TosWin2 "Open console...at output"

Hi,

On keskiviikko 02 tammikuu 2013, Adam Klobukowski wrote:
> > Alternatively the output could be redirected to /dev/null, couldn't it?
>
> No, console should never be redirected to /dev/null (at least, not by
> default).
>
> TosWin2 should catch all console output, whenever console window is open
> or not. The obvious quick hack to do this is having its window always
> open and hide/unhide it when user wants to open/close it.

So if one doesn't have a TosWin or some other xconout handler,
or doesn't run them at startup (or they've crashed), BIOS
output should just go over everything on screen?

I'm not saying that things should to /dev/null by default in
MiNT, but it's an option for GUI desktops running on top of MiNT.
And it of course should be overridable just by running a program
like TosWin2 that catches the output and shows it.

Maybe there should be XaAES option for this:
	xconout = <screen|"filename"|/dev/null>
with screen being the default no-op.

	- Eero