Re: [MiNT] Country codes

On 09/01/2013 17:08, Christos Tziotzis wrote:
The response is, choose any value you want, as far as current
applications are concerned, it's irrelevant.

Ok. George Nakos said the same thing.
So the question is solved regarding to Greek.
I will change the Greek code in EmuTOS to match the FreeMiNT one.

The Russian question is still opened.
Dima Sobolev strongly wants to keep the Russian EmuTOS code.

Furthermore, the greek language support for the atari is useless at the
moment. It's only valid for Ataris and old PC's up to Windows 98 and
incompatible with today's standard. If someone understands those issues
and would like to fix this issue I would like to help but I don't
understand them enough or I am capable to code a solution.

As I told you, there is no technical issue.
If you like, we can change the Greek character set in EmuTOS, so you will be able to read modern Greek texts in EmuTOS, translate XaAES to Greek, etc. Of course, you will lost compatibility with old Greek texts.

The only tricky thing is to adjust the fonts in EmuTOS. I could reorder the glyphs, but a few new ones may have to be added. We could do that later.

--
Vincent Rivière