Re: [MiNT] XaAES:first menu,was:Release TODO list

On 20/01/2013 20:29, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
There is no way to reliably determine when an application is "finished"
*when* to top a certain client? Sure, you can hack together a solution
that will work most of the time, but it will still be a hack.

Here is another approach.

The source of the problem is something like this in xaaes.cnf:
run u:\c\toswin2\toswin2.app

Maybe we could introduce something like a new "runbg" keyboard which runs an application in the background? In that case, XaAES would avoid topping the application menu bar when it is initially created. I think that XaAES should have enough information to do that cleanly, without any timer hack...

--
Vincent Rivière