Re: [MiNT] Changed behaviour in window menu selections

On 4 January 2013 14:46, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> J. F. Lemaire, 04.01.2013 11:04:28:

>> Now, you have to click to open the menu, then click again to select
>> the item. I strongly dislike this behaviour. Maybe I missed a config
>
> Since when did it change?

Good question. I can't be sure but it seems versions before 1.0 had
the old behaviour. I'll have a look on my Aranym box which has older
versions installed.

> I cannot remember having changed anything there, but I'd prefer the current
> behaviour: With the exception of the initial click it's the same as in the
> main-menu. It's what you get when you configure menu=push for the main-menu
> too. Holding down the mouse-button while moving the mouse can be quite
> uncomfortable too. But maybe it's possible to have both - as windows does :)

Not only Windows, but both KDE (Qt) and GTK behave like this too. This
is probably why I find the XaAES behaviour so counter-intuitive.

> That is right. I would place the first menu one or a half character to the
> left (in both menubars).

I think half a character would be fine.

Cheers,
JFL