[MiNT] XaAES video init implementation (Falcon)

Hi,

I found the following code in k_init.c

nvmode = vcheckmode(cfg.videomode);
if ((nvmode & (1 << 4)) && /* VGA_FALCON */
    (nvmode & 7) == 4) /* is 16bit */
{
nvmode &= ~(1 << 3); /* Set 320 pixels */
}

So first it uses vcheckmode() to filter the modecode to something which works on the current monitor (isn't this undocumented, btw? I see nothing wrong with this though, it is after all a useful function for the AES). It then makes assumption as to what modes are actually valid. I question this; is this really something that the AES should interfere with?

Basically, what happens on the SuperVidel is that the resolution has to be set as a fake-RGB resolution (VGA bit not set), otherwise XaAES enforces doubled pixels horizontally. The alternative is to not set the mode using xaaes.cnf, but fall back to a default mode specified in the SuperVidel configuration file (this requires NVDI however).

Thoughts?

-- PeP