Re: [MiNT] sysdir

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 19:18:03 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Peter Slegg, 27.04.2013 16:22:38:
>
> > Is there any way to use "sysdir" in paths in mint.cnf or xaaes.cnf ?
> >
> > It seems silly to tell mint where it's own sysdir is.
> >
> > So for example:
> >
> > run c:\MINT\1-18-0\XAAES\XAAESNAP\XAAESNAP.PRG
> >
> > would become:
> >
> > run sysdir\XAAESNAP\XAAESNAP.PRG
>
> What happens if you just use
>
> run <your-app>
>
> without any path in case the app lies in the same directory as xaaes?

Fine as long as everything is in the same folder.

I am trying to find ways to make the config more flexible without
having to edit it unecessarily.

After asking that question, as bad luck would have it, my boot
partition got corrupted. Possibly my fault when I accidentally turned
the power off !

I had to wipe the C partition and copy my old boot files from another
HD that has more partitions on it so the mint.cnf has different references
for /bin /etc  etc.

That is another area I keep trying to think of a way to improve. It would
have been nice to just copy the mint.cnf across without having to change it.

Regards,

Peter