Re: [MiNT] binutils-2.23.2 and gcc-4.6.4

Hi,

On torstai 18 huhtikuu 2013, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> On 18/04/2013 00:08, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > As with the earlier version, your MiNTlib's localtime.o object
> > misses all symbols for all the (static) functions before
> > tzsetwall() in localtime.c.
>
> Long ago, MiKRO asked me to strip the libraries for smaller size.

What is stripped and how much that saves of the *.a file size?

> And until now, no one complained.

Earlier the options for profiling Atari binaries performance sucked,
now with Hatari profiler, they don't.

What Hatari provides is as good as what you have available on Linux
for profiling:
- non-intrusive, no instrumentation needed
  (symbols can also be provided separately)
- accurate instruction and cycles level information
  (both for CPU & DSP + instruction cache misses for CPU)
- memory disassembly with profile information
- top instruction/cycles using instruction and function lists
- callgraphs
- GUI for viewing the data with callgrind data export
  (viewing can be done in KDE Kcachegrind)
- tracing for all TOS OS calls and many other things

	- Eero