Re: [MiNT] Project announcement: libcmini

On Wed, 2013-06-26 at 08:09 +0200, Markus Fröschle wrote:

> announcement: libcmini, a tiny and simple libc for TOS/MiNT and gcc.

I think this is a good idea. Hopefully it can be compiled with AHCC as
well :)

However, I'm not sure if the biggest problem with GCC/mintlib is the
size of the resulting binaries. IMO the biggest problem is that you need
some pretty hefty hardware and a lot of patience to use gcc on real
hardware. Because of this I've switched completely to cross-compiling
when I have to use gcc, which is mostly to compile MiNT itself or
(attempt to) port some piece of software from the unix-world. In all
other cases I prefer to use AHCC.

Jo Even