Re: [MiNT] C++

>> IMO, shared libs will not be very usable without VM. I remember you were
>> working on that some time ago. Can you share your results?
>

>Haha, some time ago, that must have been... hmm, 10 years ago? OMG, now it
>sounds really scary. Anyway, my aim was to port UVM from NetBSD, hard to
>say whether it's worth sharing -- I'd had basic initialization done, it
>compiled but there was zero work done in manner of integration with
>FreeMiNT structures, i.e. the glue was missing (what is kind of important
>part). Perhaps right now I would say it's complete mess and redone it in
>much cleaner way.
>
>MiKRO / Mystic Bytes

I was going to suggest using one of the BSD implementations as a
source of code or ideas.

I think it came up before but I couldn't find the reference in the mail
archive. I did find lots of previous discussions on dynamic linking and
virtual memory etc.

It seems opinion is/was divided over the benefits.

2013 M Duckworth:

2012
http://sparemint.org/mailinglist/Mailing-Lists/MiNT-List.201211/001366b7.023ce5003a11@smtp.freeola.net.text

2008 Henk: