Re: [MiNT] Folder at the RAM disk?

Hi Jean-François,

>> Is there a possibility to let MiNT automatically create a folder at the
>> dynamic RAM disk after every reboot? I am asking because of the folder
>> "tmp" or "the" (?) TMPDIR, that is needed by zView for displaying fonts
>> inside PDF files at all. And having this folder at the RAM disk is a
>> huge
>> improvement, but has the drawback that I need to manually create it at
>> every reboot, ...
>
> Hi Mathias. Adapting the MINT.CNF file should be enough. There should be a
> line like:
> setenv TMPDIR u:/tmp
>
> Change it to:
> setenv TMPDIR u:/ram

Indeed, it worked immediatly. So this was again a total missunderstanding
from my side. I thought zView demandes the folder "tmp", ...

> However, on my FireBee the u:/ram pseudo drive is always at 0 bites so I
> guess it doesn't help speeding up anything.

But having the TMPDIR inside the RAM disk makes a huge difference for PDF
handling. Everythig is about twice as fast, compared to having this
directory at any IDE device. I made several tests last year. Try it
yourselve to feel the difference ;)

Mathias