Re: [MiNT] Problem with tar + u:/ram

On 11/24/13 02:37, Miro Kropáček wrote:
Hi,

I've just bumped into following issue:

- put sln u:/ram u:/usr into mint.cnf
- start bash (ideally in a clean environment, i.e. no login, unix tools etc)
- cd /
- tar xf /some/tar/archive/which/contains/usr/as/root.tar

I'm seeing not only:

tar: usr: Cannot mkdir: Permission denied

errors but then the /usr directory just disappears!

If I remember correctly, with MiNT you HAVE! to use the 'h' flag with tar.

So do this...

tar xhf ....

Otherwise tar will remove the symlinks, and this is not MiNT specific. It happens on Linux too without 'h', but it's common on MiNT because we use symlinks for the main directories.

Alan.