Re: [MiNT] MiNT dynamic/static RAM-Disk

On 5 November 2013 11:28, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> On 11/05/13 09:57, Miro Kropáček wrote:
>> It's been a long time ago but isn't the FreeMiNT ram disk (/ram) actually
>> self managing? I.e. it is as big as your free RAM is, growing as needed.
>> This is how I remember using it.

> Yes, me too.
>
> If you do...
>
> cd u:/ram
> df
>
> It will show you the available size of the ramdisk on the U: drive.

As seen from the MiNTlib, but does GEMDOS report the same size? Isn't
it possible that GEMDOS sees the u:/ram drive as of the size of the
files its holds (according to Thing it would be the case), which is
why Positive Image estimates the available space as zero? This
wouldn't be the 1st discrepancy between MiNTlib and GEMDOS, after all.

But I'm just guessing, since I'm not in front on my 'Bee.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire