Re: [MiNT] Native GCC built

Another advantage of having non-68000 by default is the fact that you can take all the Sparemint RPMs and rebuild them without any hassle for ColdFire (once you've got 'rpm' compiled, that is).

I do not understand why compiling anything for any arch would be a problem. In most setups CFLAGS, CCFLAGS, CXXFLAGS environent variables will do the job. RPM can be easily configured too.
Tweaking CFLAGS for every platform is the hassle I meant.

Plus, you can't really compile gcc for ColdFire in this way while maintaining multilib support.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org