Re: [MiNT] Samba working

On 12/11/13 09:45, p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:
---- Original Message ----
From: Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>
To: mint@lists.fishpool.fi
Sent: Tue, Dec 10, 2013, 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Samba working

The connection did drop a few times with the error above.

I should add that if you search for this "too many files" error you will see
that Samba had this issue in some versions and it would be worth checking
that the versions we are using are not affected.

In this case, it's our fault, not sambas.

Essentially, FreeMiNT only supports a maximum of 32 file handles. And samba reserves 20 for it's own internal use with the tdb files. That leaves us 12. Reduce that by the traditional stdin/stdout/stderr, and we're left with 9. Not very many by todays standards.

I've got some in-progress patches to bump that to 128. Although we could go higher later.

Alan.