Re: [MiNT] Signal on Memory volation

Am 15.09.2014, 19:45 Uhr, schrieb OL:

Finaly I understand my mistake, I want to add signal handler inside AES to manage crash in gem application for debug, so I install handler, unfortunately the handler is in protected area of AES in supervisor so in fact I have double bus error one from the application the second one from the signal handler itself, Mint doesn't like this case and freeze if I try to kill the application, the system is in panic. Interesting case.

Interesting, yes. I can't tell what to do right now. In XaAES there is something similar: It parses the content of the alert-text (CE_fa() in k_main.c):

   if( pid >= 0 && strstr( data->buf, "KILLED:" ) )
    {
      short s;
      long r;
if( pid == C.Aes->p->pid || pid == C.Hlp->p->pid || pid == C.Aes->tp->pid )
        return;
      for( s = 0; !(r=ikill(pid, 0)) && s < 666; s++ )
      {
        ikill(pid, SIGKILL);
        nap(20);
      }
      nap(2000);
    }

to be sure the app is really gone. But that is not very elegant.

-Helmut