Re: [MiNT] Netsurf scrolling

Am Montag, den 16.02.2015, 16:13 +0100 schrieb Peter Persson:
> According to your previous posts, said optimization is more of a bug
> rather than an actual optimization, and you blamed me publically for
> your bad implementation of it.
>

> So which is it? Bug? Or have you finally learned yourself how the AES
> works now?

Peter,

AFAIK you should think about such an mail twice. You are offending me
publically, for nothing.

This has really nothing to do with you, I did not blame you for
anything. I did not even think about you.

Of course, the slow scrolling is not an optimization. But the slow
scrolling ain't no real bug (because there is nothing seriously going
wrong, I would more like to talk about "something unimplemented"), while
the fast scrolling can be seen as optimization - altough it is very
common optimization. The "optimization" is just not triggered when the
window is moved out of the desktop area... that's it, no problem at all.
Feel free to implement it here:

http://git.netsurf-browser.org/netsurf.git/tree/atari/gemtk/guiwin.c#n931

You have 2 choices.

A) fix the function gemtk_wm_has_intersection(), so that it recognizes
   that the window is outside of the desktop area. Then fast scrolling
   should also work when the window is moved out of the desktop area. In
   fact, I did not consider that case when I wrote the function
   gemtk_wm_has_intersection().

B) Implement the faster blit code for cases where the window has
   intersections. That's what I had in mind, but I thought it's not
   worth the time (I mean, in most cases you scroll a window
   which is on top).

Greets,
Ole