Re: [MiNT] Mke2fs

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 22:04:57 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 28.02.2016, 21:22 Uhr, schrieb p.slegg:
>
> > Drive seems ok. I haven't actually used it yet and since the milan now
> > takes 5 mins to app switch I can't do anything else.
> >
> > This is mke2fs 1.27 and not fsck.
>
> Oh, sorry - did read too fast. mke2fs takes less time than e2fsck if I
> remember right.
>
> On the TT I have mke2fs 1.19, on aranym 1.41 from Alan's page:
>
> http://gentoo.atariforge.org/files/
>
> Seems down currently.
>
> If you suspect hardware-issues just try a smaller size to find out if it's
> the size.
>
> -Helmut

I think it has trashed the drive. In HDdriver the model name is
mangled and it will not even Format !

I do wonder if the second ide port on my Milan is working properly.
It mangled a drive I had connected via a SATA adapter some while back.
I blamed the adapter but I wonder if the port is struggling ?

I am not even using the same cable either so it eliminated that.

Thanks for the tips. I may experiment with a smaller HD if I can find one.

Regards,

Peter