Re: [MiNT] XaAES: bug(s) in shel_write()

Am 08.02.2016, 19:32 Uhr, schrieb Thorsten Otto:

Thanks for confirmation ;)

Of course I disagree for shel_write but too lazy to explain ;)

BTW, in the meantime i'm not using shel_write() any more to start my

Sigh ...

BTW: I got it working since yesterday, but want to do some more tests.

there is a lot of overhead in doing so: XaAES will execute tw-call, which in turn executes toswin2, which then finally executes the actual

Unless toswin is already running.

truncated -33 (ENOENT)). And finally, toswin2 seems to have a bug when calling the executable: it does not use ARGV in all cases, and does not quote the arguments in the commandline when they contain spaces. That again causes the program to get incorrect arguments.

Using ARGV should not produce any white-space-problems (I added them to the arguments in the caller).

trailing quote. Does anybody know a workaround for that? This does not happen when using i.e. Teradesk as desktop.

I don't know what you want to achieve but I use spawn() from the mintlib for example, but a simple Pexec should also work.

-Helmut