Re: [MiNT] XaAES: bug(s) in shel_write()

Am 14.02.2016, 16:33 Uhr, schrieb Thorsten Otto:

It belongs. Its the application that creates the ARGV environment, and the NULL: entry is part of it. You can look at mintlibs spawnve() in mintlib/spawn.c, this is actually where i borrowed the code from, though

That's where I looked and found it's too much for now to add to toswin.

-E disables SW_ENVIRON
Oops. Anyway, using that flag i get seperate arguments in the callee for arguments that contain spaces.

Please download the test-program again and tell me the xcaller-command-line that you think produces wrong results.
Do you use the toswin2.7 from me?

Those are identical.
Uh? They shouldn't be.

Why not?

Actually callee is a child of toswin
Well, yes. But depending on how it is called its the id of tw-call that is returned to the caller. In any case, neither the actually callee nor

Which obviously waits for callee to finish, and thus waiting for tw-call works in the caller.

the id that is returned is a (MiNT-)-child of the caller (in the case of XaAES looks like tw-call is being called in such a way that it actually IS a child of the caller, but you can't count on that).

The code in launch() is executed by the caller (like most if not all AES-calls), and that's why the caller is the parent of tw-call. Pretty sure waitpid only works in XaAES, that's true.

I know it's not nice to have to use waitpid here, but I don't know any AES-call for that atm.
I think the only way would be to enter a message loop and wait for the CH_EXIT message in a real application. But for testing purposes, and if only used on XaAES, waitpid() seems to work.

If that would work I think there is nothing more to add on that topic.

The one thing I think is to do is that when tw-call is not involved the quote-characters appear at the callee. In this case I think XaAES should remove them.

-Helmut