[Freemint-list] Debian/FreeMiNT ?

Mark Duckworth mduckworth at atari-source.org
Fri Sep 30 01:11:10 MSD 2016

Yeah I definitely got through the most serious stuff for booting and
console usage.  Now that I have these EVB's running mint, I need to get
to building and porting software again.

The ones I really did a lot of porting work on (and thus could benefit
from some peer review) are procps and shadow.  I can't remember why but
I spent an inordinate amount of time on perl as well.  I think that
needed a lot.  I was actually surprised how much success I had,
especially with rpm.  That was a real boon to get that coldfire native
rather than running under emulation.

Hint, whenever you have a 68k app that you need, use the 68kemu.prg.
Just rename the binary to "binary.68k" or something like that and make a
shell script that runs the binary under 68kemu.prg.  Works like a charm
99% of the time, just slow.  That's how I was able to bootstrap rpm and
everything else since I had to run that stuff under emutos.

Thanks,
Mark