[Freemint-list] Slow network speed

WongCK wongck68 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 19:30:42 MSD 2016

My setup is somewhat similar to Markus but I am using a wireless bridge.The Firebee is  connect to the 4 port switch together with my PC, Upstream WAN is connected to a wireless bridge to my AP. The 4-port switch has a DHCP used only by PC, The firebee uses static ip address and my resolve.conf point to my AP, so that just one hop to the internet.
I will try the FEP driver with extra DMA buffer.

    On Sunday, 2 October 2016, 21:37, Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr> wrote:

 On 02/10/2016 at 09:02, Markus Fröschle wrote:
> iperf can not only measure the throughput to remote machines, but also
> (using localhost) to the local machine. If you test this, you'll
> basically see the performance of the MiNT network stack

Very smart, I didn't think to that.

> (the direct route to the interface was missing).

You are right, that line should have been there. Maybe the MiNT dhclient
scripts are wrong.

On my setup, I use a crossover cable directly plugged to the second Ethernet
port of my PC. As the PC is also the default route, I can't see such issue.

--
Vincent Rivière