[Freemint-list] [MiNT] fVDI in FreeMiNT CVS?

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Tue Nov 1 14:59:44 MSK 2016

On 01/11/2016 à 03:41, Miro Kropáček wrote:
> I've managed to make a full featured build (https, ssh etc support)
> but I'm not satisfied with the result:

I guess you are speaking of building Git for MiNT, unlike what the topic
subject says ;-)

Quite a good progress, anyway. Now you have a big picture of the overall
build process, and issues.

> - make test fails 17 times of 77 and then the make process fails as whole

A testsuite is a very valuable tool.
When all tests passes, we could consider our binary as pretty reliable.

> - various tools (git-diff, git commit, ...) show strange assert errors
> related to cr/lf (no idea why, everything was compiled and tested in a
> shell and I didn't set CR/LF native support)

FYI, Git fails on Cygwin if the filesystem is mounted in CR/LF mode.
This should not fail, but it does. So on MiNT, be sure to use the 'b'
flag in the UNIXMODE variable (as we always do, anyway).

> - https fail with "SSL Certificate problem: unable to get local issuer
> certificate" (setup issue?)

Maybe a missing configuration file, or a problem inside the OpenSSL library.

> Apart from that, it seems to be working, I was able to authenticate
> myself and pull/push from/to a github repo and show its log.

Pretty good :-D

--
Vincent Rivière