[Freemint-list] fsck.sh, progress.. or well any output?

Peter Slegg p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 23:43:48 MSK 2016

> Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 15:50:44 -0600
> From: Jason Fergus <leech at thefnords.org>
> Subject: fsck.sh, progress.. or well any output?
> To: freemint-list at mail.atariforge.org
>
> Started off with EasyMiNT as the base install.  But I've never been able to get fscheck.sh to show
> what it's doing.  Seems with the options that it should, (-p -C 0 $drv, where there is a for loop
> for $drv to find all the ext2 formatted partitions.
>
> I've tried  with calling e2fsck, or fsck.ext2 from within the script, the latter of which says that
> I'm trying to pass too many arguments and then prints out a single #, then I believe does a disk
> check.
>
> Unfortunately I think the disk checks are taking about 3-4 hours, and I'd like a progress bar to
> work.
>
> Is this something that just isn't supported, or is it that I'm missing a proper console device?

My Milan hasn't done a boot hd check in ages, I wonder if I broke the config
in some way ? There are quite a few ways to break it.

fstab looks ok:

c  /  dos   root  wheel 700
d  /  dos   root  wheel 700
e  /  dos   root  wheel 700
f  /  dos   root  wheel 700
g  /  dos   root  wheel 700
h  /  ext2  root  wheel 777
i  /  dos   root  wheel 700
j  /  dos   root  wheel 700
k  /  dos   root  wheel 700
l  /  dos   root  wheel 700
m  /  dos   root  wheel 700
n  /  ext2  root  wheel 777

mint.cnf
# Filesystemcheck (mandatory)
exec u:\c\mint\bin\sh u:\c\mint\bin\fscheck.sh
echo

- snip

INIT=u:\sbin\init              # this executes script /etc/rc.d/rc

rc hasn't changed since 2009

Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Peter