[Freemint-list] fsck.sh, progress.. or well any output?

Peter Slegg p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk
Sat Nov 5 00:16:32 MSK 2016

Running fscheck from the command line reveals errors:

bash-4.3# /c/mint/bin/sh /c/mint/bin/fscheck.sh

Checking filesystem on drive h.
Invalid non-numeric argument to -C ("-")

Checking filesystem on drive n.
Invalid non-numeric argument to -C ("-")

this is coming from:

    for drv in $ext2drives; do
        echo; echo "Checking filesystem on drive $drv."
        fsck.ext2 -p -C - $drv:
        r=$?
        if [ $r -ge 2 ]; then
            echo
            echo "Warning: e2fsck FAILED ($r)"
            echo "         Starting single user shell. Fix the"
            echo "         filesystem on drive $drv by running fsck.ext2"
            echo "         and REBOOT!"
            echo
            sh -si < /dev/console > /dev/console 2>&1
        fi
    done

Digging deeper, this doesn't look right:

bash-4.3# fsck.ext2 -p -C - n
Invalid non-numeric argument to -C ("-")

So I tried lots of alternatives like this:

bash-4.3# fsck.ext2 -p -C n
Invalid non-numeric argument to -C ("n")

bash-4.3# fsck.ext2 -p -C /n
Invalid non-numeric argument to -C ("/n")

bash-4.3# fsck.ext2 -p -C n:
Invalid non-numeric argument to -C ("n:")

I am missing something here. What should the fsck command arguments be ?

bash-4.3# fsck.ext2
Usage: fsck.ext2 [-panyrcdfvtDFV] [-b superblock] [-B blocksize]
                [-I inode_buffer_blocks] [-P process_inode_size]
                [-l¦-L bad_blocks_file] [-C fd] [-j external_journal]
                [-E extended-options] device

Regards,

Peter

Message: 2