[Freemint-list] [MiNT] fVDI in FreeMiNT CVS?

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 03:34:40 MSK 2016

On 27 October 2016 at 17:53, Alan Hourihane <alanh at fairlite.co.uk> wrote:

> But they must have sat up and paid attention because I've just looked at
> git 2.7.3 and they now do translation if the OS doesn't work with the
> sane types.
>
> So Atari compilation of git is now trivial.

Unfortunately, it seems this is not the case here. :-( I've managed to find
out why some test cases are failing, it's, you guessed it, because of the
symlinks. Even with *NEEDS_MODE_TRANSLATION* git isn't able to stage
symlinks correctly (simple git add doesn't work on Atari while it does work
on Linux) and even if the test framework somehow managed to stage them,
they return different *stat* flags when listing, therefore failing the test.

I'll try to investigate further, this *NEEDS_MODE_TRANSLATION* hasn't been
tested for symlinks so maybe there are some corners where it isn't taken
into account.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org