[Freemint-list] CPU/FPU-detection for 68020 on real hardware

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 01:11:43 MSK 2016

On 21 November 2016 at 05:05, Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr>
wrote:

> I can affirm that
> 68020/68030 and 68881/68882 are properly detected.

There were even patches submitted not so long time ago for proper FPU
detection. I can also confirm detection of 68881/2 works good (MegaSTE,
Falcon).

EDIT: Ah, come on. We're talking about Sysinfo. I don't care what some app
reports, the important thing is the value of _CPU and _FPU cookies. When I
implemented the correct _FPU detection code, I couldn't rely on both
SysInfos very much.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org