[Freemint-list] gcc 6.2 for Ataris brown edition

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 01:07:56 MSK 2017

On 4 January 2017 at 06:19, Jo Even Skarstein <joska at online.no> wrote:

> What is the advantage of running ELF binaries under MiNT? What problem
> does this solve? If there is a tool to convert ELF executables to TOS
> executables, why bother with ELF in MiNT?

Well, right now the advantage is the ability to run programs compiled with
gcc > 4.6.4. ;) Another one would be gdb support -- well supported for ELF
binaries, very poorly for a.aout binaries.

I'm not saying I love the idea of two binary formats but the ability to run
ELF binaries on FreeMiNT has its benefits, too.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org