[Freemint-list] Handling of PRGs/APPs which console output

Pierre TON-THAT pierre.tonthat at free.fr
Thu Jan 5 23:29:44 MSK 2017

Hi,

GEM programs are not supposed to write directly with println() on
screen, but:
- some librairies do.
- some debug lines can be forgotten.

- evenif I code my APP clean, some messages are displayed from MiNTnet
layer when packets are not good.
- messages are also written when the A: as SD-card is mounted.
This is not APP, it's directly MiNT.

I always have the console opened on my FireBee. But when I left my
precious free to people at Alchimie Party, for tests and exploration,
some users closed this console and found some APP that did println().
The result was a mess and nobody wanted to touch/try the machine after
that. When you don't know XaAES, you can't clean the display with
Alternate+Home.

So if you want MiNT to be user-friendly, you know what to do.

I remember to have asked for a bugfix in toswin: it does not open
automaticaly when println() is called and no windows present.

Cheers,

Rajah