[Freemint-list] Handling of PRGs/APPs which console output

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 02:48:54 MSK 2017

On 6 Jan. 2017 2:02 am, "Peter Slegg" <p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:

My Milan originally came with a basic Mint-NAES set-up and while I could
see why
it had a Toswin2 console, to trap all that TOS/TTP output, it is annoying to
have to have it open on the desktop all the time.

See Helmut, Thorsten? ;-)

Is there a /dev  device that could receive the output which could be easily
directed to Toswin2 when desired ?

Yeah, that's /dev/xconout2 but to be active you must at least have TosWin2
rinning in the background with fixed "open on output" option. What is still
a workaround IMO.

Also, I quite like the way ubuntu programs often have a "show details"
option which
opens a console in the app window.

My point exactly.