[Freemint-list] Handling of PRGs/APPs which console output

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 14:09:39 MSK 2017

On 6 January 2017 at 20:55, Thorsten Otto <admin at tho-otto.de> wrote:

> the solution would be to add an option in the desktop to
> have them started with console output redirected

Exactly my point. :) Only with the slight difference to leave it to
"app_options" in XAAES.CNF which already takes care of very similar things.

Btw I totally get your arguments but you're forgetting the user
perspective. They don't really care whose fault it is, right now there's a
new batch of FireBees ready to ship and FireBee's "maintainers" don't want
to answer to the same questions again and again (like "Why is my FireBee
broken, whole screen is destroyed with some scary texts!"). That puts all
the "we shouldn't fix it, authors of the apps should" debate into another
level (if we want to promote FreeMiNT as a nice and user friendly OS, what
we want ;)).

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org