[Freemint-list] Potential FS Bug

Mark Duckworth mduckworth at atari-source.org
Sat Jan 7 08:38:55 MSK 2017

Hello all,

I've been working to get my Matrix card working on mint.  I've finally
found an error message by running naes without redirect.prg.  The error
is that the cxs file cannot be found.  It is found just fine under TOS.
The message indicates that the driver is searching the path
C:\MATRIX\CXX\*.CXS.

The CXS file is the default video mode specification for the matrix drivers.

So I did some experiments... The first thing I did was try to enable
vfat on C and turn FS_VFAT_LCASE=NO, thinking it was enumerating the
directory files and not finding them because they are coming back in
lower case and it is matching upper case only.   Didn't work.

So I tried:
ls /c/matrix/cxx/*.cxs -> no files.
ls /c/matrix/cxx/*.CXS -> files... but that's okay I guess since I did
the FS_VFAT_LCASE=NO.

then I try:
ls C:\\MATRIX\\CXX\\*.CXS -> no files
ls C:\\MATRIX\\CXX\\* -> no files (!)
ls /c/MATRIX/CXX/*.CXS -> match
ls /c/MATRIX/CXX/* all files.

so there seems to be some kind of pattern match bug when accessing the
fs with C:\ instead of /c/...  Any ideas?

This is a recent 1.19 kernel running on a mega ste.

Thanks,
Mark