[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT list (again) blacklisted

Markus Fröschle mfro at mubf.de
Sat Jan 7 12:32:54 MSK 2017

Hi all,

the last mail I received from the list was from 5th of December.

Indeed, MiNT list was blacklisted again until a few minutes ago (see
here: http://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=96.32.243.245). Not because
it has been identified as spam source, but just because the MTA has been
misconfigured according to RFCs:

This IP address is HELO'ing as *"localhost.localdomain"* which violates
the relevant standards (specifically: RFC5321).

As far as I understand, this was for the same reason than last time and
several times before, i.e. the problem wasn't fixed.

It appears our mintlist mail host identifies itself as
localhost.localdomain instead of mail.atariforge.org on initial HELO to
receiving MTAs when it attempts to deliver mail.

If this doesn't get fixed, we'll never get reliable MiNT list message
delivery since our mail host will be blacklisted again.

Spamhaus offers detailed advice on how to repair the current
misbehaviour here: http://www.abuseat.org/namingproblems.html

Alan, I don't know if its you or anybody else in charge of the mail
server config, but it needs to be fixed.

Thank you!

Markus