[Freemint-list] Handling of PRGs/APPs which console output

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 16:23:07 MSK 2017

As soon as we agree that we do want to make a change to the kernel and/or
xaaes, we're free to implement any cool feature. The basic problem here is
that Jo & the gang ;) refuses to acknowledge this as an OS problem to
solve, they want to run a tool or two only (and you can't do your proposed
changes without kernel support).

On 7 January 2017 at 21:04, Peter Slegg <p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:

> Some other ideas in no particular order.
>
> * flash the menu bar (optional beep) whenever anything is logged
>   add an icon to the menu bar when anything is logged (with a counter ?)
>   put bubble-help on the icon that shows the last few logged lines
>
> * when an app logs an msg open a console window just for that app showing
> the
>   msgs from that app.
>   This would keep msgs for each app separate.
>   So a window would appear called Netsurf:log showing any msgs output from
>   Netsurf, for instance.
>   This would mimic the GEM alerts in a more basic way.
>
> * have a Windows style log app that records the message, app name and
> timestamp
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

MiKRO / Mystic Bytes