[Freemint-list] Generic power-off functionality

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Mon Jan 9 20:56:37 MSK 2017

On ma., 2017-01-09 at 10:49 +0100, Adam Klobukowski wrote:

> Please don't do cookies with a function pointer. It is soo 85' :P

You mean 1990 I think ;) But seriously, if you have a suggestion for a
cleaner approach I'd like to hear it. No code has been written yet.

> There is already Shutdown 0x151 FreeMiNT Gemdos function for that. I
> think it is best that EmuTOS implements it the same way.

The idea here is to provide the shutdown-functionality *used by* GEMDOS
0x151, so GEMDOS (in MiNT in this case) does not have to implement this
for every kind of hardware out there but can simply call a user provided
function.

I think it's a bit overkill to create a kernel module just for this.

Jo Even