[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Thu Jan 12 17:07:13 MSK 2017

Den 12.01.2017 14:38, skrev Vincent Rivière:

> My dream was to automatic rebuilds of the whole FreeMiNT distribution,
> including kernel, MiNTLib, bash, coreutils, etc. when anything is
> updated. Then automatically produce a hard drive image ready to be used
> with an emulator, or to be written on a real disk. Thanks to your work,

I'm actually doing this with VanillaMiNT (in the "soon" to be released
version). But the implementation is very crude, I have just created a
script that builds each individual component (since the makefile does
not allow me to compile modules and tools for a specific CPU), and then
another script that builds a complete distribution. This distribution is
then either zipped or copied to an empty image file, depending on
target.

> I wish that we abandon the old CVS stuff and enter modernity.

Since we're already past the point were it was possible to compile
FreeMiNT on an actual Atari we could just as well migrate to git. And
someone (that's not me!) could create a Linux VM with all dev-tools set
up and correctly configured :)

Jo Even