[Freemint-list] gcc 6.2 for Ataris brown edition

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 03:32:19 MSK 2017

Hey guys,

look what I've found while playing with crosstools-ng:
https://github.com/uclinux-dev/elf2flt ... doesn't it look
*suspiciously* similar
to the brownout tool which you all have considered evil? :)

ct-ng allows you to embed this automatically, during the build of the whole
toolchain. So it's not such a nonstandard solution after all.

On 29 December 2016 at 07:47, Jo Even Skarstein <joska at online.no> wrote:

> On ti., 2016-12-27 at 11:05 +0100, Thorsten Otto wrote:
>
> > Hm. Rather strange approach they took there. A  compiler that does not
> produce
>
> Well, I agree that it may be "strange", but it seems to me like it's a
> step towards a "finished" product.
>
> The limitations you listed are serious, but the biggest drawback (to me)
> is that you can now write code for TOS/MiNT that is no longer compilable
> on TOS/MiNT.
>
> Jo Even

MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org