[Freemint-list] Github access rights

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Thu Jan 26 02:07:25 MSK 2017

On 25/01/2017 à 23:52, Miro Kropáček wrote:
> Done, see here: https://github.com/orgs/freemint/teams ...

Excellent :-)

As I understand, the rules are:
- wiki can be edited by... any GitHub user, or only members? To be verified.
- website can be edited by all members (have to be manually added)
- repositories can only be written by their specific teams

So if a GitHub user wants to contribute to code but does not plan to edit
the website, he doesn't need to become a member.
However, regular contributors should be encouraged to become members, as
they could occasionally improve the website without pull requests.

> ... I'd like to do this exactly once because it requires rewriting the whole
> git history.

Beware, git filter-branch and other rebase break all the branches. I learned
that when creating binutils/gcc repositories. I had to start over many times
because of that.

So be sure to make a backup (dumb! backup is GitHub :-) ) before doing that.
Maybe the conclusion could be that it's already too late.

--
Vincent Rivière