[Freemint-list] MiNT 1.19 and SCSI drive

Piotrek mietniow at agh.edu.pl
Mon Feb 27 15:32:51 MSK 2017

W dniu 27.02.2017 13:19, Helmut Karlowski napisał(a):
>> W dniu 27.02.2017 11:46, Miro Kropácek napisal(a):
>> > This may be a stupid question but are you sure the disk is OK? I mean,
>> > the first partition can be fine but rest of it can be dead (reading
>> > about its 4 GB capacity makes me wonder how old really is...).
>>
>> Yae I am sure that this disk OK.
>> The first two partitions are 510MB remaining three are 1GB.
>> I can also try on other disks because I have several of them, who I am
>> using to other computers
>> At the moment changed settings HDDriver, the first partition was
>> earlier
>> for  example I: \ and on the other partitions also works, so it is not
>> problem with the size of the partition, eg Using HDDRUTIL I have no
>> trouble to make image partition from IDE 1GB on the SCSI disk.
>>
>> I also make smaller partition about 256 MB and then I inform you
>
> Is the type VFAT or FAT? Have you set FS_WB_ENABLE for the drive?

In MINT.CNF I find this setting:

FS_NEWFATS = C,D, ... etc. until 6 (there are all partitions)
FS_VFAT = F,G, ... until 6 (all parttions from F:\)

and

#FS_WB_ENABLE (it mean is disable)

maybe here is the fault, please help me

> After how many bytes does it stop?

I see after reboot computer that the size of copied files is 0 bytes

Regards
Piotr

Dr Piotr Mietniowski
Department of Electronics
AGH University of Science and Technology
Av. Mickiewicza 30
30-056 Krakow, Poland
Bldg. C1 r. 212 tel. +48 12 617 30 44
e-mail: mietniow at agh.edu.pl