[Freemint-list] Beyond Brown

Adam Klobukowski adamklobukowski at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 13:22:09 MSK 2017

Hello

Beyond Brown has some problems that make it unlikely to be used directly by
FreeMiNT community, but I think there is an interesting development that
has a potential value for FreeMiNT community.

If I understand it correctly, BB rpoduces elf binary and then, converts it
to a.out.

With elf binary we could use linking options like Ffunction-sections
 fdata-sections flto, that allow linker to remove unused functions and data
from the resulting binary.  We all do not like 100kb hello world programs,
and with that they would shrink considerable.

So, compile/linker gurus, please consider adopting this wat into FreeMiNT
un'official' compiler :)

--
Semper Fidelis

Adam Klobukowski