[Freemint-list] Falcon + _FPU cookie

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 17:07:14 MSK 2017

> Hm ok, then it wont do false reports, but only based on the assumption that
> there is no SFP004 for cpu >= 68020.

Because 030+ doesn't use the peripheral mode anymore.

The CPU might be inaccessible, but the SFP is not.

On the contrary, see above.

Also the cookie was explictly designed and documented that both FPUs might
> be
> reported.

And they are -- I think you've misinterpreted the meaning of "SFP+6888x"
 -- the detection code asks (via the SFP) what kind of FPU is connected.
The answer is either 68881 or 68882. And since it's via the SFP, it's
marked as "SFP+68888x".

You simply can't have both 030+ style FPU and SFP FPU in the same time.

And i would be still be interested in the answer wether that address
> generates
> a bus-error or not. The startup code for almost all Pure-C compiled
> programs
> will check that address too, and this is definetely done without checking
> the
> CPU type first.

Well, that would require to see an application which does use the SFP in
the first place. There's a few of them but I'm not sure whether they had
been compiled by PureC.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org