[Freemint-list] Falcon + _FPU cookie

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Sun Mar 12 09:49:05 MSK 2017

On Sunday 12 March 2017 01:57:43 Miro Kropáček wrote:
> Wow, where this description comes from? I have never seen it before so
> explicit.

>From that bios archive that appeared some days ago.  But i think i've seen
similar words already. At least the bitwise assigments for the flags already
indicates that.

> I confess it was me who had implemented the 6888x bits also for SFP-004 as
>it seemed like a nice feature to know which FPU you have via SFP.

The code does not try to detect which FPU is installed in the SFP, it only
detects its presence. I think that's not possible. And the current detection
works for all cases except when you have both 68020+6888x and SFP. which seems
to be quite rare ;) At least software would prefer to use the real 68881 then
anyway, so it would just be a matter for informational purposes.

But i still would like to know wether those addresses generate a bus-error on
the falcon ;)