[Freemint-list] Gemma

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Sun Apr 30 19:32:35 MSD 2017

and another quirk i found in the documentation:

This is a list of differences between the established SLB standard
and the behaviour of the gemma.slb:

- the library is compiled without -mshort, and this means that all
	​​stacked arguments must be 32-bit.
- the third argument of every library call is simply the number of
	​​the remaining arguments, and NOT the size of the arguments in
	​​words.

I don't know what the author thought, but changing the semantics of the third
parameter was a bad idea. I don't know whether Magic actually uses it, but
Mint uses it to determine how many words have to be copied for calling the
user function. I'm buffled that it seems to actually work.