[Freemint-list] Source for Russian keyboard table - corrected

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Fri May 19 15:32:56 MSD 2017

On 19/05/2017 at 13:11, Dima Sobolev wrote:
> Yes, I didn't see it. And now I couldn't find it as well.

I must agree with you. This is impossible to find for newcomers.

When there is some activity on the Pull Request, you get a notification
email. At the end, there is a link "view it on GitHub". It is the
starting point. For example :
https://github.com/freemint/freemint/pull/38

In the middle of the page, there are some green icons such as "All
checks have passed", etc.
Just above, you can see a comment (or a reply?) saying:
"mikrosk pushed a commit to freemint/travis-pr that referenced this pull
request"

The user will always be "mikrosk", as Travis automatic builds runs on
his account.

Just after, there is a small text:
[freemint/freemint] Download: https://github.com/freemint/travis-pr/t...

You must click on the incomplete URL just after "Download:"
Then you finally arrive to the binaries freshly built with your Pull
Request.

Great feature, but very bad ergonomics.

BTW, I second what MiKRO said: Pull Requests just mean "please integrate
this into official sources". You can advertise your work by pointing
other people to your Pull Request binaries (link found above) and
saying: look, it works fine! So popular pressure will increase the
probability that your Pull Request is accepted by a maintainer (Alan)
and integrated into official sources. And after that, Travis CI will
once again trigger a build to make new official sources available to
everyone at official places.

--
Vincent Rivière