[Freemint-list] Network regression with Aranym in last 1.19 new school builds

Philippe Noble philippe.noble at gmail.com
Mon May 29 02:04:50 MSD 2017

Hi,

I have tried to update EasyAraMiNT b2 on Aranym 1.02 from 1.18.0 to the
latest 1-19-e61 and found that with this version the network connection is
very slow with many time-out and errors (even my Falcon is faster). I have
noticed this with Netsurf and Litchi (Litchi is aborting downloads after
several minutes for example)
With Mint 1-18-0 or mint 1-19-cur from 26/05/2016 I don't have this error
and network works flawlessly.
I then decided to test instead the old school builds from freemint.org and
trunk-28052017 works perfectly.
So it's seems that something has been broken in the new school builds.

By the way, in the last trunk these is a file xaaes02060.km which can't be
installed on C because the name is too long ; not important for me, but
just to mention.

Tested with EasyAraMiNT b2, Aranym 1.02 on Linux and OSX.

Best regards,

Philippe

Philippe.noble at gmail.com
www.philippeworld.net